The DAILY DIGEST: INFORMATION and OPINION from ST. JOHN'S to VICTORIA.
ARCHIVED at http://cdndailydigest.blogspot.com/
OPINION AND INFORMATION
ARCHIVED at http://cdndailydigest.blogspot.com/
OPINION AND INFORMATION
- Harper's cut to party funding just the tip of the subsidy iceberg
- Top court judge shortlist in PM's hands as fall session looms
- Tory candidate slams Hudak
- Tony Clement a no-show at international freedom of information event in Ottawa
- Saskatchewan gears up for election
- Charest has keen interest in McGuinty's fate
- Liberal minority likely, majority possible, poll finds
- Canada-U.S. perimeter security deal talks continue
- How did Alison Redford win?
- More provinces given ultimatum over RCMP contract negotiations with feds
- Sagansh NDP leadership bid carries 'hope and change:'Chow
- Hot off the PMO InfoAlerteBot Presses: Per-vote subsidy a "tax on voting"! Wait, what?
- Leadership key to global recovery: Flaherty
- Last poll of the campaign suggests election is too close to call
- McGuinty set for 'historic three-peat majority' in Ontario, Ipsos poll suggests
- Ivison: Hudak's task just got bigger
- CAW economist decries Harper's 'dog whistle' attack on unions
- Ibbitson : Shifting voter loyalties play into NDP's hands in Manitoba race
- Manitoba Tory Leader Hugh McFadyen stepping down after losing election
- Supervised injection sites: Ideology comes with big blinkers
- Punishing the pain of others
- Facts beat ideology
- Intellectual property is a new kind of arms race, with patents as ammo
- In Alberta, a whole new ball game
- Why a coalition government isn't likely in Ontario
- Our elections, our citizens
- Air Canada should return to downtown Winnipeg
- Ontario's election isn't really about Ontario at all
- Manitoba NDP wins majority government
- Rural-urban split in Manitoba NDP majority win
- Tory MPs back down on plan to ask sitting judge to testify before committee
- Finance committee racks up travel tab to consult with Canadians
- Canada and U.S. reach agreement on billion-dollar perimeter security pact
- United States, European Union fingered in new copyright push
- F-35s' pricetag of $9B 'more honest,' Fantino says
- Oliver vows fight if EU smacks oilsands with pollution penalty
- Chalk River good for 5 years: Experts
- Ontario MP pushes for regulation of cosmetic contact lenses
- Hudak stands by 'homophobic' flyers
- Lone-wolf province getting back in the fold
- Despite ruling, raw milk farmer won't back down
- BCTF rejects government funding offer
- Tourism booted off podium in BC throne speech, says critic
- Stephen Harper and necessary commiseration http://print.dailymirror.lk/opinion1/58219.html
- No realistic chance of permanent Middle East peace
- Civilians under NATO bombing - Bani Walid eyewitness more...
- Imperial Arrogance and Hypocrisy more...
- Cuba is not a base of Hezbollah more...
- The Great Socialist North African Jamahiriya Revisited: Morrocan, Algerian and Libyan Tribes Meet to Unite more...
- U.S. assembling secret drone bases in Africa, Arabian Peninsula, officials say: http://wapo.st/nQUWru
- Occupy Wall Street is a tea party with brains: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/occupy-wall-street-is-a-tea-party-with-brains-2011-10-04
- Exposing Internal Checkpoints: Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lethJ2IMiE&feature=player_embedded #!
- Read the Article
- The "Eco-al-Qaeda"? September 11 Ushered in War on "Eco-Terrorism" and Civil LibertiesRead the Article
- Read the Article
- Rescuing America from Wall St. http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29312.htm
- Afghanistan and Iraq Wars Not Worth Fighting, Say a Third of US Veterans http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29313.htm
- US Foreign Policy: Hypocrisy at its Most Naked http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29308.htm
- The Murder Of Anwar Al-Awlaki http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29311.htm
- Über-Vultures: The Billionaires Who Would Pick Our President http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29315.htm
- Congressman: Obama Admin May be Accessory to Murder http ://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29309.htmBush-era Probe
- US Did Immunity Deal With Mexican Drug "Cartel" http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29302.htm
- Murder Inc: US kills five people in Yemen: http://bit.ly/n0BdAR
- Six arrested for plotting to kill Karzai: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/202901.html
- Afghans taking serious steps against Pakistan:http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=afghans-taking-serious-steps-against-pakistan-2011-10-05
- Study: A fifth of war veterans have mental health issues: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/10/04/126142/study-a-fifth-of-war-veterans.html
- Libya: Fears For Civilians Trapped In Sirte: http://www.lbc.co.uk/libya-fears-over-civilians-trapped-in-sirte-45687
- Fleeing Sirte residents:revolution wasn't worth it: http://bit.ly/pWZne4
- Army deserters urges UN air, sea blockade of Syria: http://bit.ly/qfiXvm
- Russia, China veto UN resolution on Syria: http://en.rian.ru/world/20111005/167391965.html
- US hypocrisy exposed once again at UN: http://gulfnews.com/opinions/editorials/us-hypocrisy-exposed-once-again-at-un-1.885657
- Iran ready to halt 20% nuclear enrichment: Ahmadinejad: http://bit.ly/ngieDs
- Turkey PM: Israel a nuclear threat to Middle East: http://bit.ly/r3ODQA
- Obama waives penalties on countries that employ child soldiers - again!: http://bit.ly/poGuit
- Bernanke Warns Recovery 'Close to Faltering' Occupy Wall Street A Just Cause:http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/bernanke-economic-recovery-close-faltering-14663873
- Occupy Wall Street: George Soros Understands Protesters' Pain: http://bit.ly/n6VUNt
- Once enemies, now they march together:http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/10/05/2011-10-05_once_enemies_now_they_march.html
- Obama seeks debt collector proposal: http://apne.ws/p3QnbN
- More Proof America Is A Police State : http://bit.ly/qHmkBh
- Read the Article
MERCREDI 05 OCTOBRE 2011
MERCREDI 05 OCTOBRE 2011
- 21h35 - Péage sur le pont Champlain · Dissension au gouvernement Charest
- 19h07 - Association pulmonaire du Québec · La vaccination contre la grippe mise en avant
- 18h16 - Élections le 7 novembre · La Saskatchewan ira aux urnes
- 17h54 - Patrimoine canadien · Pas de drapeaux canadiens aux fenêtres du Parlement
- 17h54 - Cégeps · Tir groupé contre François Legault
- 17h28 - PQ - ADQ · Une motion sur l'histoire du Québec crée la discorde
- 16h55 - Festival d'été de Québec · Plus de contenu francophone en 2012?
- 15h45 - Famine en Afrique de l'Est · Les Canadiens sortent 70 millions $ de leurs poches
- 15h07 - Montréal · Un nouveau pont Champlain à péage d'ici 10 ans
- 14h25 - Économie · Flaherty exhorte l'Europe à mettre de l'ordre
- 14h24 - Enquête publique · Dutil à la recherche d'un consensus
- 14h13 - Route · Les chauffards québécois s'en sortent à Ottawa
- 13h43 - Libéraux · Généreux avec les firmes de génie-conseil, déplore Khadir
- 13h36 - Politique · Toronto, 11e province canadienne?
- 12h44 - Course à la direction du NPD · Alexandre Boulerice appuie Brian Topp
- 12h29 - Menace d'effondrement · Des centaines d'étudiants relocalisés
- 11h34 - Éducation · Legault abolirait les cégeps
- 10h56 - Élections provinciales · Une majorité forte pour le NPD au Manitoba
- 10h27 - Pont Champlain · Le ministre des Transports fera une annonce ce midi
- 10h15 - Plan Nord · Opération charme auprès des investisseurs français
- 06h09 - Risques · Manicules toxiques
- 06h09 - Mairie de Candiac · Un candidat au passé trouble
- 05h02 - Corruption · Québec pourrait nommer un procureur spécial
Subject: Fwd: Made in Canada (pass it on, let's make a change!)
I agree. How about you?
Subject: Fwd: Made in Canada (pass it on, let's make a change!)
I agree. How about you?
From: "Jim Calvert"
Polls are for dogs
I'm reminded of an election in the far distant past (LAST SPRING) where Harper was predicted to get maybe another minority and the Liberals were going to be the opposition.
Look how that turned out.
Hudak has not been stellar with message penetration, but Mcsquinty has a lot of smelly baggage attached to him and as far as promises, he went to court and had a judge back him up with a decision that a politician is allowed to LIE whether verbally or in writing without penalty so I don't believe a word he says.
I'm not predicting much. It may be that the spectre of an NDP/Liberal coalition (Rae/Peterson) will influence more people to get out and vote Conservative.
Parry Sound Muskoka
From: Robert Ede
Subject: Fwd: 5 parts --11 Nations of USAand Canada -THE REAL MAP
Excellent 5-part-er from Bloomberg
excerpted from Colin Woodward's new book,
"American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America," published Sept. 29
From #5 -
..."Another outside possibility is that, faced with a major crisis, the federation's leaders will betray their oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution, the primary adhesive holding the Union together. In the midst of, say, a deadly pandemic or the simultaneous destruction of several cities by terrorists, a fearful public might condone the suspension of civil rights, or the dissolution of Congress. Some regional nations would be happy with the new order and others, deeply opposed. With the Constitution abandoned, the federation could well disintegrate, forming one or more confederations of like-minded regions."
"The situation might be more complicated within the often- divided Greater Appalachia or the nationally mixed states of Texas, California, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Arizona. It isn't impossible to imagine some of the resulting coalitions extending into Canada or, in the case of El Norte, into Mexico.
Or perhaps the federation would simply reach accommodation over time as its component nations came to realize that the only issue on which they could find common ground was the need to free themselves from one another's veto power. Perhaps they'd join together enough to pass laws and constitutional amendments granting more powers to the states and liquidating many of the functions of the central government. The U.S. might continue to exist, but its powers would be limited to national defense, foreign policy and the negotiation of interstate trade agreements. It would, in other words, resemble the European Union or the original... Articles of Confederation of 1781 (see Clause XI re Canada).
"If that were to happen, the states could be counted on to behave in accordance with their respective national heritages. The 11-nation format would be useful as a predictor of behavior. Yankee New Englanders might cooperate closely with one another, much as the Scandinavian countries do within Europe. Texans might finally assert their constitutional right (under the terms of their annexation to the U.S.) to split into as many as five individual states. Illinoisans might agree to divide downstate from Chicagoland. California might split into southern, northern and interior states.
The external borders of this retooled U.S. might remain in place, or perhaps some Canadian or Mexican provinces might apply for membership in the looser federation. Far stranger things have happened in history."
From: The Natroses
Hi Joe, Ron, "Now, that being said, there are a number of things that concern me about Conservatives and Republicans...but I still fail to see a viable alternative to either. That probably is my biggest concern."
Sitting on the fence must be getting uncomfortable, when the slivers of wood are firmly embedded in your behind. Must be your new norm, or otherwise you would have gotten off the fence a long time ago. Why join the rest of us, no matter what government, none of them gives a rat's ass about your welfare, your family, except for your pocketbook. The rose-coloured glasses must have been welded down, to prevent you from seeing the hypocrisy of governments, their agencies and even the stance that you insist on to ride out the storm. Precarious position, if not down right humorous when government comes knocking on your door, for their 8 pieces of silver in exchange for remaining on the fence, and your fair share of the 19 % of wealth, unless you do earned a bit more, add another 11 %, and the grand take is that 95 % of people have 30 % of the wealth. The 5 % of people, own 70 % of the wealth, and it would include the governments and the politicians. Politicians today are not better than the pirates that were hired by the governments of the day in the 18th century and part of the 19th century, to enforce, do the dirty work of governments and merchants, and promote fear among the populace. There was fools there too, sitting on the fence thinking they could do business with the government pirates, because they believe the government line that pirates hired by the government are more trustworthy than the pirates who strike out on their own, raiding the good ships of the government and merchant ships that carry the bounty of the 99 % of the people, stolen from their hands to the hands of the 1 % of the population.
What will you do Ron, when the well that you dug, to supply water to your home, and the government starts charging you a monthly water bill, because they own the mineral and water rights under the surface of your land? And you are cheering for the elimination of taxpayer subsidies for political parties and Cheney who is part of the 1 percenters, and of the worst kind. Making his living off the avails of war and fear mongering. I would not put my pet snake in his care, let alone be in charge of the outhouse, but you seem to think that Cheney has redeeming features. I take Black Beard over the likes of Cheney, based on one thing, Black Beard is trustworthy and Cheney is no more trustworthy than the psychopath leaving a trail of victims behind him.
Get off the fence, there is no one political party that is trustworthy. The protests are coming, and the people of the world are going to take back their wealth and governments. Sooner or later the crumbs given to the 99 % of the people, will not be enough to stopped what is coming next, cause by the 5 % of the people who own the majority of the wealth.
"The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Owns 40 Percent Of The Nation's Wealth: As Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz points out, the richest 1 percent of Americans now own 40 percent of the nation's wealth. Sociologist William Domhoff illustrates this wealth disparity using 2007 figures where the top 1 percent owned 42 percent of the country's financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home). How much does the bottom 80 percent own? Only 7 percent:"
In Canada, the top 1 percent owned close to 60 percent of the country's wealth, and the bottom 80 percent of the people, own less than 5 percent of the wealth. The income and wealth gap are much wider in Canada, and we are paying dearly for the universal health system, where the top 1 percenters are increasing profits, via through rising prices, to take up the excess cash of the regular people, who no longer have to reserve money in their household budgets for basic health care. Very much like the crumbs thrown by government to ease taxes, only to see rates and prices raise to eat up the savings of the tax measures, of the ratepayers and consumers. Trustworthy, not on your life, but Ron the fence sitting, sure likes the view and listening to the preachers and fear mongers, it is for your own good. How are the slivers Ron, not deep enough yet to remove yourself from the fence.
"A group of U.S. ports and railroads is pressuring Washington to apply a major new levy to cargo containers entering the United States from Canada and Mexico. That levy would drive up the cost of shipping through Canada and the proceeds would be used to make improvements to U.S. ports. In other words, the business won by Canadian ports would be taxed to subsidize their competition.
Measures to penalise competition from Canada might not even stop there. In recent speeches, the FMC's Chairman has said he wants to look at whether Canadian rail rates for US cargo are subsidised and has questioned whether security at Canadian ports matches U.S. port security."
Trade agreements, globalized agreements, are arranged to ensure that the top 5 percenters retained their wealth, and get more from the bottom 95 % of the people. Ron, are the slivers of wood probing deeper in your behind, or do you enjoy paying some of the highest rates and prices just to live on your piece of land, while the top 5 percenters are lecturing you on a host of items from A to Z, and reminding you constantly that they are looking out for your concern, while raiding your pocketbook, and telling you they are putting a tax on your wood stove, because it is bad for the environment. At the same time, you are on your way to bail out your grandmother who was picked up at the border, for having a can of old oil in the back of her trunk. Soon, the jacks found in all autos will be seen as a potential weapons at the border, and be treated as such, in the same manner as the gun toting tourists that cross our borders. Are they the problem, but the paranoid delusions of the 5 percenters? Rather prefect way to conned all the fence sitters, that the 95 % of the people are the threat, and not the government and their agencies. I bet the veteran Marines who came down to New York City, would have a few words or two to say to Ron and all of the other fence sitters,
" The protesters on Wall Street will soon have the protection of United States Marines who will form a human wall between the crowds of tireless protesters and the increasingly unpopular New York cops who continue to appear on YouTube in scenes that twist the insides of patriotic Americans."
The marines are coming on board, from the actions of the Wall Street Bankers.
"The news is welcome, particularly as people continue to learn more about Wall Street and New York City and the nature of the people in the upper echelons. Not only have Americans watched the players on Wall Street shove the nation's future into their wallets, but there are more specific reasons that the police are behaving in a corrupt manner, they're being paid off by groups like JPMorgan Chase, which recently donated:
" an unprecedented $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation. The gift was the largest in the history of the foundation and will enable the New York City Police Department to strengthen security in the Big Apple."-JPMorgan Chase
While Ron, are slivers inc hing deeper in your behind? Just wondering, because the top 5 percenters certainly do expect the fence sitters to do their part, and will be rewarded for a greater share of the 30 % of the wealth own by 95 % of the people.
""That's the type of support that may make an NYPD cop think twice before he decides to go all Tiananmen Square on a group of teenage girls,armed with chalk and cardboard signs (maybe it's because they are spelled properly?).
"The Occupy Wall Street movement may have thought it broke new ground when the NYC Transit Union joined their movement, but that ground just tipped the Richter Scale with news that United States Army and Marine troops are reportedly on their way to various protest locations to support the movement and to protect the protesters."
Just think Ron, a fence sitter is viewed as one who is no threat to the 5 percenters, but the card carrying protesters and their messages are viewed as a high threat to security, and need to be pepper spray for bringing the real reality of the 95 % of the people. But the fence sitters, somehow think that the alternate reality imposed by the 5 percenters, is the reality. On top of working for the 5 percenters, asking questions within narrowly defined parameters, and in the case of Ron's question, to find the redeeming features of other political parties. Don't you get it Ron, none of the political parties are trustworthy, or have redeeming features that does not divide people, to chase and fight for the 30 % of wealth by stealing wealth from the working poor or the pensioner living on CPP. While our backs are turned, the governments and the rest of the 5 percenters are ensuring their wealth, and keepers of governments. Democracy not a chance, and why the Marines are coming down to protect the protesters, from the white shirts who feel that the blue shirts are not doing their jobs in cracking down on the protestors.
"But the portfolio of the white shirt has now unexpectedly grown to include the role of enforcer.
As the Occupy Wall Street protests, which began on Sept. 17, lurch into their third week, it is often the white shirts who lay hands on protesters or initiate arrests. Video recordings of clashes have shown white shirts lieutenants, captains or inspectors leading underlings into the fray."
Ah the world of fence sitters, where they urge the non-fence sitters to prove to them why their viewpoints are correct. Much like the fence sitters centuries ago, asking both sides why they thought the world was round or flat. Many of them, thought the world was flat. But either way, fence sitters look after their own best interests first and foremost. After all, the example has been set by the top 5 percenters, and as a fence sitter would exclaimed, just look at the success of ABC or the former politician. Why not copy their tactics? And they do, often working against their own best interests.
The protests now world-wide, are not going to go away. " In Manhattan on Monday, hundreds of protesters dressed as corporate zombies in white face paint lurched past the New York Stock Exchange clutching fistfuls of fake money. In Chicago, demonstrators pounded drums in the city's financial district. Others pitched tents or waved protest signs at passing cars in Boston, St. Louis, Kansas City, Mo., and Los Angeles.
A slice of America's discontented, from college students worried about their job prospects to middle-age workers who have been recently laid off, were galvanized after the arrests of 700 protesters on the Brooklyn Bridge over the weekend.
Some protesters likened themselves to the tea party movement but with a liberal bent or to the Arab Spring demonstrators who brought down their rulers in the Middle East.
"We feel the power in Washington has actually been compromised by Wall Street," said Jason Counts, a computer systems analyst and one of about three dozen protesters in St. Louis. "We want a voice, and our voice has slowly been degraded over time."
Nor the actions of the 5 percenters, who are directing their messages to the fence sitters. Like this one, sure to be heard in Canada in the near future.
"Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a billionaire who made his fortune as a corporate executive, has said the demonstrators are making a mistake by targeting Wall Street.
"The protesters are protesting against people who make $40- or $50,000 a year and are struggling to make ends meet. That's the bottom line. Those are the people who work on Wall Street or in the finance sector," Bloomberg said in a radio interview Friday."
A lie, but fence sitters eat up the lies like candy to a baby, because their heroes are the 5 percenters. Willing to go to war under a mountain of lies. Willing to travel right across the globe, to labour away in some other country, because the foreigners have taken their jobs in their home countries for less money. Willing to trade their rights and freedoms under the constitution of a country, for a few pieces of silver and job security. Sooner or later Ron, sitting on the fence has a price, and at the very least people are waking up to the fact that the fence sitters, are not willing to back up their stance in sitting on the fence, using supporting evidence to convince the non-fence sitters. Only a fence sitter would asked others to convince them that their stance is the correct one. Much like the Mad Hatter and the cat in Alice in Wonderland, and a book that should be reread, if not for the ironic stances of the fence sitters.
From: Rebecca Gingrich
Subject: Canada and the U.S. reach $1 billion perimeter security deal...Harper has placed strong emphasis on "the things that can be done quickly"...
We are such suckers--the US wants to impose tariffs on goods crossing the border while Harper gives our country away, or the real truth is that he pays them to take us! If the real truth is spoken we have no sovereignty--we are a dictatorship and whatever the 'leader' decides is what we will do.
Canada and the U.S. reach $1 billion perimeter security deal Posted: 10/4/2011 7:01 PM |
Canadian officials are heading to Washington this weekend to make a final pitch for a public signing ceremony.
"It's very incremental, it not big and visionary," said a source with detailed knowledge of the deal. "Which is why the White House is saying, 'Really, you expect the president to announce a working group?'"
Sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss the pact ahead of its public release....
Stephen Harper: Global government. "It is a loss of sovereignty"
North American EU is a terrifying concept
Senator Hugh Segal advocates closer North American Community
Segal outlines several goals the North American Community could accomplish:...
- The creation of a North American Assembly, similar to the European Parliament in its early days.... (emphasis added0
Secret memo: One-world agenda dominates SPP summit
Document reveals plan for meeting of U.S., Mexico, Canada leaders
Subject: Saudi police open fire on civilians as protests gain momentum [ Will NATO and the Politicians intervene with a "humanitarian mission"? Where is Harper, Cameron, Sarkozy etc on this?]
Saudi police open fire on civilians as protests gain momentum Insecure Saudis crack down on freedom protest
The US, as the main ally of Saudi Arabia, is likely to be alarmed by the spread of pro-democracy protests to the Kingdom and particularly to that part of it which contains the largest oil reserves in the world. The Saudi Shia have been angered at the crushing of the pro-democracy movement in Bahrain since March, with many protesters jailed, tortured or killed, according Western human rights organisations. ...(emphasis added)
From: John Halonen
What is really going on here?
First we hear that the Defense Minister does not even know that Harper controls what is happening in his own department, then our Finance Minister tells everyone that it makes no difference on what Parliament says about jobs, and he is doing it his way.
Does Stephen Harper effectively control everything and Canadians have no input into the direction of their own Country? It appears that MP`s have no say in the matter, as even members of his own Conservative Party voted for jobs. Money must talk as even Ministers control nothing, so being one means little also!
From: Steve Campbell
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: DEATH to Asthma Sufferers; Mandadory GMO Labeling; AMA losingmembers; Medical-Marijuana and gun ownership
These two short articles should be read together:
A ballot initiative has been launched in California to required mandatory GMO labeling of all foods sold there. If passed, this could spell the end of GMOs in America. I interviewed Ronnie Cummins of the Organic Consumers Association to get full details on this initiative and why it's a legitimate pathway to victory against GMOs.
Here are the details and links to the audio (MP3) you can listen to or download:
AMA losing members in droves, less than 20 percent of US doctors support its agenda
ATF say medical-marijuana patients are prohibited from owning guns
The CDC Has Known All Along How Dangerous Vaccines Are - And Has Covered It Up
From: Henry Atkinson
Subject: Fwd: Made in Canada (pass it on, let's make a change!)
Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Made in Canada (pass it on, let's make a change!)
A physics teacher in high school, once told the students:
That while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't
Slow a train very much, a billion of them would.
With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously
Written by a good Canadian:
Shopping in Lowe's the other day for some reason and just for the fun of it I was looking at the hose attachments .
They were all made in China . The next day I was in Home Hardware and just for the fun of it I checked the hose attachments
There. They were made in Canada!
In our current economic situation, every little thing we
Buy or do affects someone else - even their job.
A quote from a consumer:...my grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though,
that it is marked made in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more.
My favourite toothpaste, Colgate, is made in Mexico now. I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything.
This past weekend I was at Wal-Mart. I needed 60W
Light bulbs. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next
To the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labelled,
"Everyday Value". I picked up both types of bulbs and
Compared the stats - they were the same except for the
Price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday
Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most
Was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the
Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this
- Canada at a company in Ontario . Their Equate
Products are also made in Canada , and are very good.
Just to add my own experience on buying Made In Canada ,
I was looking for canned mushrooms that were made in
Canada and could never find any, so I would buy fresh.
But a miracle happened, when in our Foodland store
I found Ravine mushrooms - made in Canada with a
Little red maple leaf on can. A little more money but
When I opened the can I looked at mushrooms that look
Like real mushrooms, not a mushroom that looks like
It was cleaned in bleach.
Another product I no longer buy is Del Monte or Dole canned
Fruit. Del Monte is packaged in Taiwan and Dole is now a product of China.
Why should we pay for their fruit when our growers are left with
Fruit rotting on the trees. E.D. Smith is still made in Canada buy their's, at least you will know what is in it and have some quality control.
So throw out the myth that you can not find products you
Use every day that are made right here . My challenge
To you is to start reading the labels when you shop for
Everyday things and see what you can find that is made
In Canada . The job you save may be your own or your
Neighbour's'!(Your children & grandchildren, also)
If you accept this challenge, pass it on to others in your
Address book so we can all start buying Canadian, one
Light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies!
(We should have awakened two decades ago.)
Let's get with the program. Help our fellow Canadians
Keep their jobs and create more jobs here in Canada.
If President Obama insists on a 'Made in America '
Policy, which is commendable of him, to support
American workers, we should do likewise.
BUY CANADIAN! Read the labels.
Support Canadian jobs.
Subject: Air Canada letterstoeditor
From: Rene Moreau <email@example.com>
To: Toronto Star <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
To Letters to the editor, and to all interested parties, cc
1 Yonge St.
October 5, 2011
re; Air Canada targets 'sin taxes', page B1, Wednesday, Oct. 5th,
It should be noted that a few items, the cause of these charges, at
least to some people, were not mentioned.
1. Louis Turpin, an American citizen, was given control of the Greater
Toronto Airport Authority. (Pretty well all Authorities, world-wide,
are corporate-run but claim to be part of government) He ran up a $6
billion debt, and quit and went home to the States. So we asked who in
the government was watching or regulating. Answer: NO-ONE, they were
made SELF-REGULATING! Part of the charges, is the $6 billion.
2. Rob Milton, former head of Air Canada, and now Ace Holdings, was
able to bankrupt Air Canada, with the result that ownership of A/C
ended up 80% in foreign corporate hands. G.E. Capital, Deutschebank
and Cerberus Hedge Funds. Then he forms ACE holdings and takes $2
billion from the kitty, just before Air Canada declares a $1.3 billion
Neat eh? That is called ASTUTE BUSINESS PRACTICE by the corporate world.
When Air Canada and Canada has been repeatedly scammed to that
level, by foreign interests, who can be surprised at the charges?
Some-one should ask Mr. Dee, V.P of Air Canada, if they have
cleaned house? Apparently not,
Robert Milton is still with ACE Holdings. Perhaps they could sue Rob
and Mr. Turpin, for some of the funds, and then reduce the fees.
Rene Moreau (416-4898-8347)
From: Rebecca Gingrich
Subject: Read Immediately (Serious virus)
This is from Christine
this from a friend who said he had checked it out with snopes. I suppose one should take heed in case it is a real threat.
Just a reminder to make sure your security systems are all updated. Check out 'Snopes' below validate this virus.
Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who has Access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled "Here you have it" or "Just for You" etc.
Subject: [gain we are killing for israel?
Why NATO is Attacking Tribes - Libya to Pakistan